This section contains information about a variety of topics that don't fit other categories.
All information contained in this FAQ is provided by BMW enthusiasts who are not typically fully trained in the art of BMW maintenance. As such, all information in this FAQ is provided "as-is". Any use of this information is strictly the responsibility of the using party. The supplier of the information and the Webmeister assume no liability for incorrect information or use of this information.
Used, Remanufactured and Rebuilt Parts Sources
Magazine Articles on 6 Series
Used, Remanufactured and Rebuilt Parts Sources - Bob Duckworth
Here's a compilation of the advertisers in the back of the latest ROUNDEL that deal in used, remanufactured, or rebuilt parts.
The parts suppliers that I have personally dealt with and recommend are identified.
"Bob Duckworth" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|AAA Small Car World||TX||800-433-3766|
|Active Foreign Auto||??||800-321-9732|
|Bavarian Auto Recycling||CA||800-269-8972|
|DLS||GA||770-242-9366||reman. driveshafts *recommended|
|Double 02 Salvage||CA||510-782-2002|
|European Exchange Inc||NJ||201-489-7770||rebuilt transmissiions|
|German Auto Salvage||CA||510-525-6000|
|IPTC||FL||954-785-2328||reman. Trannys, alternators, steering racks etc.|
|Programma, Inc.||FL||800-668-8843||SI Boards, brains, e;ectronic, *recommended|
|The Auto Works||FL||800-377-2520|
Magazine Articles on 6 series
The following is a list of known articles on the E24. If you know of others, please forward to the FAQmeister.
1. Roundel--February 1998
2. Motor Trend--April 1988 "Power Trip! BMW M6 vs. 928 S4"
3. Turbo Hi-Tech Performance -- March 1988 "A Mission with a 370-Horse Message-Cross-Country run to the BMW Car Club of America Octoberfest in a Turbocharged 635CSI"
4. Motor Trend--Sept. 1987 "BMW M6 M635CSi Road Test"
5. Car & Driver on BMW M6--July 1987
6. Road & Track-- July 1986 (comparing 635 to XJ-S & 560SEC)
7. Car and Driver-- February 1985 "BMW 635 CSi - Use it as a fast car is used in Europe as a small plane." (This one came as a photocopy with the history of the car)
8. Motor Trend--Feb. 1985 "BMW M635CSi Road Test"
9. Car & Driver--July 1984 "BMW M635CSi"
10. Road & Track --Oct. 1982 "Driving Impression 635CSi"
11. Motor Trend--Sept. 1982 "BMW 633CSi Turbo Road Test"
12. Road & Track Special--1982 "BMW 633CSi Road Test"
13, Motor Trend--Jan. 1979 "BMW Alpina 630 Road Test"
14. Car & Driver--Dec. 1977 (comparing BMW 630CSi to MB 450 SLC & Jag SJ-S)
15. Road & Track--June 1977 "BMW 630 CSi Road Test"
16. Road & Track Special--1977 "BMW 630CSi"
17. Road & Track--June 1976 "A New Coupe' from BMW"
18. Automobile Magazine, July 1987, titled BMWM6.
Brookland Books has published BMW 6 Series, Gold Portfolio 1976-1989 (ISBN1-85520-361-8) which is a collection of magazine articles, including most of the articles above. There are also many reprints from European and Austrialian magazines that have not been listed above.
Frederick W. Emmerich
|BMW 6 Series; Gold Portfolio 1976-1989||R M Clark||Brooklands Books||1-85520-361-8|
|High Performance Series BMW 6~Series||Jeremy Walton||Arco Publishing||0-947784-016|
|BMW A Celebration of Excellence||Eric Dymock||Orion Books||0-517-58047-0|
|BMW Driver's Book||James Ruppert||Haynes||0-85429-846-0|
|Illustrated BMW Buyer's Guide||Ken Gross||Motorbooks International||0-87938-165-5|