Cleaned and coated in etching primer, she's ready for massaging of the sheet metal to make her perfect...
This Tiger had a hard life before I bought it, but thankfully there is almost no rust. A bit in the trunk where the battery sits...
... and some minor perforation where the transmission tunnel meets the passenger floor.
The original color was #86, BRG (British Racing Green). I am still undecided on color for this time.
This is the parts car, or half parts car. The rear fenders on my tiger have been damaged, and I put this away in the basement for ~20 years!
This hardtop is great, needs virtually nothing but paint.
November 2nd, 2018. Surgery begins.

Long before I got the car, probably in the 1970s, this quarter had been replaced with one crudely rivetted on top of the old panel. This time around, it will be fixed properly.
Note the wrinkled up inner/outer wheel well. Although not normally seen, Todd fixed this in a manner that is as good as undetectable, by splicing in a section from the parts car (or half-car).

This panel will be saved, and might help someone else fix another car.
November 15, 2018. The square cornered trunk lid has been converted to a round corner. Note that Todd went the extra mile to recreate the rounded crimped over edge. It is as if this trunk was originally a round-corner one.
The entire quarter panel is removed in preparation for the replacement.
A section of the wheel housing was bent behind the quarter panel, it will be replaced.
Here is the replacement panel, carefully removed by drilling its original spot welds.
.
Here the sectioned wheel well has been replaced, and the repair is undetectable. Todd is a wizard with this!
.
Do you see the spliced in section of the wheel well? Neither do I!
Quarter installed, no more wrinkles, rivit seams, and bondo.
January 10, 2019. The right quarter is surgically removed from the donor car,...
... and the original quarter from the Tiger.
Top and doors in primer and guide coat, for final finish.
I knew the car had been hit in this door jamb, but was unaware of the hole from the wheel well. My theory is that someone punched this hole in the inner fender, in order to push the door jamb back to vertical after an accident. If so, I cannot imagine the how/why of this ugly patch.
The 1/2 Alpine donor is getting smaller each day.
Engine compartment in primer for finishing.
The box section that makes up the inner part of the door jamb had some waves, and will be replaced with the quarter.
Here is the donor quarter primed and ready to be installed, whenever the wheelwell mess is remedied.